GIANTS IN CHITWAN TOURISM-HAPPY ELEPHANTS WALK
Happy retired elephants at elephant rescue at Sapana Village Resort in Chitwan Nepal. We save elephants from tourism and have them retire at Sapana.
We absolutely say “no” to elephant ride safaris. Ethical elephants activities are practiced by sapana village lodge. Give them baths, treat with fruit & veg basket, respectful walks and breakfats with giants in the bush etc. Can be booked with Sapana.
We have retired our elephants from Safari and now working with Direct Aid Nepal, we have developed some wonderful ethical activities for you to experience with our elephants. One can spend the entire day with our elephants. You can join our Elephant Day Care Program. No need to ride, but you can still enjoy being with our happy elephants.
- Start the day with a bush walk in the early morning observing our elephants graze, pull down branches, and just being elephants.
- In appropriate weather the elephants enjoy bathing; they are graceful swimmers and fun to watch.
- Join our Mahouts (Caretakers) for cleaning the enclosures, making elephant food (Kuchi), feeding them from the respecting distance
- A jeep will take you and the Mahouts to collect elephant food an adventure in itself and the elephants love what you collect.
- 6.30 am To 08.30 am – Sunrise Elephant Bush Walk (Guided Trip) enjoying the movement of the elephants. Listen to the stories about our amazing herd. There will be many photo opportunities. After your walk you have breakfast outside across the river. After breakfast our Mahouts will guide you to the elephant center to participate in the elephant center cleaning program.
- 10:00 Coffee on the Veranda while you wait for the elephant.
- 11.00 to 11.45 am – Weather permitting walk down to the river along with elephant while she bathes. Great photo opportunity and opportunity to feed the elephant fruits when she comes out of the water.
- 12.00 pm – Lunch in Sapana Restaurant (An approximately time)
- 13.30 pm – Jeep ride with mahouts to collect elephant food. (elephant grass, banana trees, bamboos and tree branches)
- 15.30 pm – Prepare elephant food (Kuchi), the mixture of rice, molasses, grams and salt wrapped in elephant grass or straw.
- Dinner at your leisure in our platform overlooking the shelter.
- Goodnight sleep well!